On Friday 6th June 2012. LUGoNS board meeting was held. The main reason was evaluation of previous work on the BalCCon project.
We are very pleased how the project develops. Once again we discussed important issues and only thing left to do is to hand over the project to financial organizations for review.
There is no need to say that party after meeting was awesome:)
On Wednesday 23rd May 2012 representatives of the LUGoNS were held presentation of Balkan Computer Congress – BalCCon at the DORS/CLUC conference in Zagreb, Croatia. They presented ideas, goals and plan for further actions about BalCCon.
Extremely good response assured us that BalCCon should be happen, and that we are on the right way. We have meet many members of the HR communities, first of all, our friendly community the HULK.
We have arranged gatherings where we will talk about all other actions with all interests.
Where: Basel, Switzerland
When: April 06. – 09. 2012
The first international presentation BalCCon projects was held at the Easterhegg 2012 congress in Basel, Switzerland. milobit and zxy were the speakers for lighting talk which lasted 10 minutes. Spoken language: German.
During the presentation few points were taken:
- BalCCon is a first Balcan hackers congress. Although there is a huge number of people interested in that activity, there is no similar manifestation in our region.
- As a grown-up community, we are willing to organize this kind of event, to all the people who have no financial support to visit American or European congresses.
- We see it as a great opportunity to meat people with similar interests, to share knowledge and experience and all of that at our neighborhood.
- Our goal is to gather and link as many communities as possible to make solid base for further projects.
- Congress is planned for September 2013. Location: Novi Sad, official language: English.
- We are planning a huge international gathering of communities and free lensers with a lot of opportunities for hacking, gaming, learning, networking and of course partying.
- Our speakers are very satisfied with the response and interest in people for a BalCCon presentation. They have met a lot of new people and made a many contacts. Everybody really liked our idea, and they are all willing to support it.
The first international BalCCon presentation.
BalCCon – Balkan Computer Congress – warmup part one
Where: CK13, LUGoNS Lab, Novi Sad
When: March 23- 24 2012.
On Friday 23rd March was held an informal gathering of all interested in BalCCon project was held. It was opportunity to meet members of many Serbian GNU/Linux communities, and to exchange information about events and news.
On Saturday 24th March was held a meeting about BalCCon Congress at the LUGoNS central office, from 2:00 p.m. LUGoNS, Slackware Serbia, Linux Mint Serbia, Ubuntu Serbia, CK13 (partner organization) and numerous guests from abroad were attending.
On this meeting we have successfully defined our further steps and a plan of actions.
Official BalCCon website will be available soon. There will be the registration form where all interested in taking a part will be able to participate and to contribute with their skills and abilities.
Official BalCCon Blog is a place where you can find all information about BalCCon Congress preparations and promotion.
We have developed a detailed plan for better promotion of BalCCon Congress.
Follow us, and you`ll be informed about all news and actions. If you have any suggestions, ideas or critic please feel free to contact us, any feedback is appreciated.